Social Security Disability Claims
When a medical condition makes it difficult to earn a living, it can cause all kinds of problems. But that’s why the Social Security Disability system was invented—to provide the support you need and deserve.
With 64 years of combined experience in Social Security Disability law, you can trust us to guide you through the complicated claims and appeals process. You don’t need to spend a fortune. And you don’t need to be an expert. We’re Rockford’s hometown social security disability lawyers who make sure the system works for you.
EXAMPLES OF CASES WE'VE WORKED ON
- Fibromyalgia and lupus
- Back injury
- Anxiety disorders, depression, bipolar disorder, personality disorders, schizophrenia
- Heart problems
- Arthritis including rheumatoid arthritis or osteoarthritis
- Shoulder injuries
- Hips, knees, and shoulder replacements
- Learning disorders
- ADHD or other behavioral disorders
- Children who require an IEP in school
- Autism spectrum disorder
- Partial paralysis
- COPD or other lung conditions limiting function
- Degenerative Disk Disease
- Other physical impairments
Two Types of Benefits
If you want to apply, there are two types of disability benefits you can get from the Social Security Administration (SSA). The first, Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI), is based on your employment. If you paid taxes into Social Security, you may be covered. The second is called Supplemental Security Income (SSI). This is for when you don’t have enough work history.
Both types require that you be found medically disabled and unable to work. But what you get paid under each is different and you can only get Medicare insurance with SSDI benefits.
We’ll review your situation and answer any questions free of charge, with a free case evaluation. After all, we’re here to make it easy for you.
KEY STEPS TO FILE FOR DISABILITY
Getting Started with a Free Consultation
Reach out to us as soon as you can. We’ll explain your options under the law and the best approach to successfully file or appeal your claim. When you’re comfortable, we’ll start making things happen.
Compiling Medical Evidence
This is a big part of the process. We must prove that your condition causes a lot of difficulties and that you tried to get medical treatment. Without medical records, the judge can’t approve your claim. Fortunately, since we’re here in Rockford, we know all the right people. With our local connections and strong reputation, we’ll help you get everything you need for any interviews.
Filing Your Application and Appeals
Sometimes the paperwork is the easy part. 86% of claims are initially denied. If needed, we file an appeal for a hearing before an administrative judge. In this situation, the claim process takes 6 to 24 months. Should we need to appeal further, claims can take 3 to 5 years. We always try to make things as quick and hassle-free as possible.
Start Your Free Consultation
HOW WE GET YOU PAID
It can be easy to get frustrated with the process, but we understand what’s at stake. We’ll deal with the system, so you don’t have to go it alone. Our experienced attorneys will work to get you every penny that should be coming your way.
Count on us to:
- Explain your options and return all calls within 24 business hours
- Talk to your doctors, get medical records and secure testimony
- File your application and any appeals
- Provide in-person support for your SSA interviews
- Advise you on issues with government agencies and collections
- Advise you on what to discuss with your doctors to ensure your medical records provide the evidence needed to support your claim
- Stand with you and battle for your rights
- Move quickly to get you back to normal, everyday life